PH CALL TO EARTH
PH CALL TO EARTH is a private sector initiative on climate change to drive awareness, action and education, thereby contributing to existing efforts in the conservation of planet earth.
The information drive will take the form of creative and visual ‘Stories’ of Filipino Photographers and Videographers. We call for material contributions of photos and videos showing the effects of climate change in the planet, existing conditions of societies affected by climate change phenomena, current programs undertaken by public and private groups to save the earth. These materials contributions will be posted in various billboard locations around Metro Manila and nearby provinces.
1. To understand climate change phenomena so the information awareness campaign can influence and inspire change in mindset, attitudes and behavior of Filipinos towards saving planet and its surrounding environment.
2. To encourage and inspire Filipinos to help minimize, if not to eliminate, the ill effects of climate change in PH society.
3. To contribute to existing conservation efforts to save planet earth by various groups and concerned citizens.
What is Climate Change?
Climate change is the shift in worldwide weather phenomena associated with an increase in global average temperatures. It is real and temperatures have been going up around the world for many decades.
Reliable temperature records began in 1850. Our world is now about one degree celsius hotter than it was in the pre-industrial period average (between 1850-1900).
The change is even more visible over a shorter period of time compared to average temperature between 1961 and 1990. In 2017, it was warmer at 0.68 degrees.
While this temperature increases (referred as global warming), climate change explicitly includes not only earth’s increasing global average temperature, but also the climate effects caused by this increase.
Global efforts are focused on keeping temperatures from increasing more than 2 degrees above the pre-industrial average, and ideally, no more than 1.5 degrees.
This goal is still possible if the international community pulls together in the effort to fight climate change.
Advertising Program for 2020
1. Use ‘Stories’ (photos or videos) by Filipino Photographers and Videographers in Billboard and DOOH around Metro Manila for 2020.
2. Photo Exhibit by Camera Clubs in the 25th Graphic Expo 2020 on August 12-14, 2020 at the SMX Convention Center, Mall of Asia, Pasay City, PH.
3. Social media campaign for 2020.
4. Email marketing campaign for 2020.
5. Press releases and feature articles – with major publishers (Inquirer.net, Philstar.com, Manila Bulletin, etc.).
6. The 25th Graphic Expo 2020 T-Shirt Design Contest on August 12-14, 2020 with ‘Let’s Fight Climate Change’ as the theme of the Contest. Entries will be exhibited in the 25th Graphic Expo 2020.
7. Promotion of ‘PH Call To Earth’ in various Fiera de Manila, Inc. events, conferences, and seminars for the whole of 2020.
Call for Participation
1. Photographers and Videographers can submit photos and videos.
Tarpaulin size: 3330 x 2500 pixels, 300 dpi
B. Videos (LED, max 15 sec)
288 x 1055 pixels
432 x 3200 pixels
768 x 384 pixels
768 x 432 pixels
2. Camera Clubs in Photo Exhibit (size of photo: 24 x 30 inches to be printed by Graphic Expo Exhibitors)
3. DOOH/Billboard owners to run ‘Stories’ on PH Call To Earth in their inventories around Metro Manila and nearby cities.
4. Ad agency to curate photos, images and videos to be used in the awareness and information campaign.
Participants/Contributors will be properly acknowledged in this program.
Submission of images and videos will be on July 15, 2020.
Billboard Exposure starts
June 01, 2020 to December 31, 2020
Submit to Project Secretariat:
Fiera de Manila, Inc.
Norelyn T. Babiera
Wilmer Del Mundo
1. Midterm Milestones of the Climate Change Commission, 2016-2019 https://www.facebook.com/CCCPhl/videos/vb.145362525526464/468497787117538/?type=2&theater